Have you considered responding to the challenge I gave last Sunday in my message to pray earnestly for our church, other churches in our community, and the churches in America? I called for a group of people to set aside one 15-minute segment of time each week for ten weeks to pray for revival, first among the people of God, and then to impact the whole nation.
Without extraordinary praying there will be nothing extraordinary of spiritual nature that will happen. I also hold a conviction that the time has come for pastors and church leaders to call for prayer support form their people that is above and beyond what is usually rendered.
Some of you have already indicated to me you would like to participate in this 10-week "Aaron and Hur Challenge"...I believe more of you are yet to respond, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
As we pray this way, I encourage you to specifically ask that signs of the Lord's presence will again be manifested in our church and churches of the area. I went over these three Sundays ago in my message, but here they are again to refresh your memory:
1. An Increase and intense participation in worship;
2. An outpouring of love for one another;
3. A growing boldness in all aspects of prayer;
4. The preaching and hearing of God's Word as anointed by the Holy Spirit;
5. An eager revival of interest in all aspects of Christian service;
6. A remarkable sense of confidence and eagerness in evangelism;
7. A heightened awareness of the need for holiness, and repentant hearts before God;
8. A display of both wisdom and maturity when spiritual warfare begins.
The Adventure Daily Reading today [Read 2 Chronicles 7:1-22] includes that wonderful promise,(v. 14)...
If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven
and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then will I hear from heaven
and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
This promised grace of God will be manifest, IF....
Oh, that we would bend the knee,
Pastor Paul
Oh, that we would bend the knee,
Pastor Paul
No comments:
Post a Comment