Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday - Adventure Day 50 - 4/12/09

Dear Friends,

Today concludes our 50-Day Journey designed as a time for accelerated spiritual growth. We have been challenged these 7 weeks individually, and corporately as a church family, to participate in a Spiritual adventure purposely designed to push us forward in our walk with the Lord. Hopefully, for most of you, this has proven to be a time of renewed anticipation as we have focused on the Lord's imminent return. I hope you can sense in some way, however limited, new growth - revival even. This would be an answer to prayer.

I invite you to take a moment and switch roles...instead of me sending you an e-mail, how about you sending me one by replying to this message (or sending me a note "snail mail")? It would be extremely helpful if you would let me know what has happened in your life during these weeks as we have considered
The Remarkable Revelation. Putting your thoughts and experience into words will not only help you personally evaluate what has gone on in your life, but it will also help me gauge the effectiveness of this shared Spiritual Adventure, and the value of my investing in this kind of regular devotional communication with "my sheep." I'd like to know... what is the primary lesson God has taught you during this Adventure?

I am truly honored to be your pastor, and I thank you for your prayers as we have journeyed together.

The Adventure Day 50 Scripture reading is the very last chapter of the Bible
[Read Revelation 22:1-21]. Although it is the "end of the story," it also sounds a lot like the beginning of another truly wonderful one. Personally, I hope the Lord has canoes available to explore the River described in vv. 1-2. "The Throne of God and of the Lamb" will be there, and we "...will see his face" (v4).

Come, Lord Jesus!
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you... Have a blessed Easter Day!

Pastor Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment