Sunday, March 15, 2009

Adventure Day 22 - 3/15/09

Today is
"Bringing My World to Christ" Sunday in Covenant Churches across America. It serves as a yearly reminder to have a prayer list of those in our relationship network who we desire to discover personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I hope you made a list as you worshiped today, and committed yourself to God as intercessor for those precious lives your list represents.

I also challenged you to make another prayer list... a
"Circle of Love" list. That specifically means writing down a list of people who mean the most to you, with an emphasis on those who are younger. Obviously, that's going to include children, grandchildren and, for some of you, great-grandchildren. While for many this list will include immediate and extended family, your list doesn't need to be restricted to such. What I'm asking you to do is simply write down the names of those people to whom you feel the closest, and commit yourself to God to pray for them as well. Some of the same names will appear on both lists for many of us.

As I said in today's message, if present trends continue, Satan's grip on our nation will grow tighter and tighter. The response I called for us to take seriously our role of interceding for those who will follow us. It will undoubtedly be more difficult for them to stand for Christ than it has been for us. We have the option of saying "that's their problem," or of committing ourselves to become prayer warriors on their behalf.

Today's Adventure passages can be found in
Genesis 6:9 -7:10, and 1 Peter 4:10a. Noah saved his family using an Ark of gopher wood. My suggestion is that we protect those in our "Circle of Love" with an "Ark of Intercession."

Arks float through storms....

God's Peace,
Pastor Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment