Monday, March 30, 2009

Adventure Day 37 - 3/30/09

This week, all the Adventure Scripture passages we will consider are about personal revival and holiness. Today's reading [Read 1 Peter 1:13-16] is a clarion call for a step away from spiritual mediocrity and into personal spiritual awakening.

Most of us sin more than we would ever want to admit. How often do you confess your sins to the Lord? What is your practice? If you took a shower as often as you confess sin, how would others feel about your personal hygiene? How do you think God feels about your spiritual hygiene?

Some faith traditions offer age-old prayers to help their people find words to confess their sin. Here is one from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer. Read this slowly, and invite the Holy Spirit to speak to your soul condition. Then, receive the grace of forgiveness....

Most merciful god, I confess that I have sinned against you, in thought, word and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbor as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me that I may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.


Grace to you, friend!
Pastor Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment