Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Adventure Day 32 - 3/25/09

Adventure Friends,

The days of our shared Adventure seem to be going by very quickly. We are at the 2/3 mark in our journey together! Thank you for your great effort. You are an outstanding congregation. I am proud of you...I hope you know that.

This week's theme is revival, and how it is a God-sent force to shift the momentum of the spiritual battle waging in this era away from the present tide of evil in our land. An awakening... the kind that is spoken of in our Adventure passage today [Read Acts 13:44-52]. Here is a record of Paul and Barnabus (I've always loved that name!) on their first missionary road trip, and how their preaching the Word of God was so powerful that almost a whole city turned out to listen and be transformed. They even begged for more (see v. 42), although there was also strong resistance (see vv. 45, 50). One of the marks of a awakened or revived church is attentiveness and obedience to God's Word.

My prayer has been that the Lord would be pleased to make His presence....His anointing... felt in our congregation, if it seems good to him. I invite you to join me in that prayer. Specifically, today I ask you to pray for me, and for all those who teach the Bible in our fellowship...that there would be a special anointing of the Holy Spirit upon the preaching/teaching ministry in our faith community.

Like any other movement, revivals/awakenings have to begin somewhere. Pray with me that the New London/Spicer area would experience the grace of being one of those special points of origin.

In Faith, Hope and Love,
Pastor Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment