Adventure Day 14 - 3/7/09
Today our assigned passage is Revelation 3:14-22, Christ's words for the Church at Laodicea. Some of the most memorable words of Jesus are included in these verses (e.g., v.20 "...Behold, I stand at the door and knock..."), but have your read them in context recently? This favorite verse is surrounded by rebuke and warning. The church evidently thought they had it all together with little need for change, but Jesus in turn responds with words describing the church as "lukewarm, wretched, blind, pitiful, naked, poor." This makes me wonder... what words do you think God would use to describe our church? ...Your life, or mine?
Oh that we might listen carefully to Christ's call in v. 19: "Those who I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent."
Let's open the door for Christ, friends!
Pastor Paul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great to follow along with our church family. Pastor Paul, you may want to install a counter on you blog so you will know if you have any readers. I used "amazingcounter.com" free counter for mine--I don't think it has an "s" on counter. It is free because it will have a link attached, but there are lots of choices. I will continue to pray for you as you preach tomorrow. Have a great day. Bill in Coolidge AZ.
ReplyDelete